The Whiteville Police Department is going to start a new program this Spring and Summer called “Neighborhood Roll Call”. Chief Rosier explains this new program. The department will continue it’s efforts to maintain community policing by having it’s officers out in the community interacting with community members. The Neighborhood Roll Call is another program that will do just that. The supervisors will now meet with their officers at selected locations based on each community and the safety of the corner in the City of Whiteville to conduct roll call and exchange information with not only the officers, but any citizens that want to join that squad on the corner of two streets in their community. When the citizens come out to listen and speak with the officers, the officers will have small gifts to hand out to the kids and adults that will have the department logo or a safety message scripted on them. The Chief hopes this new program will have community members involved with the officers that patrol their streets and actively be engaged in problem solving within their neighborhoods. The locations selected are as follows with the specified dates and time.
1. Martin Luther King Blvd. and Lewis St. April 16th, 2016 at 7:00 pm
2. Woodfield Rd. and Oliver St. April 30th, 2016 at 7:00 pm
3. Pinewood Dr. and Burkhead St. May 14th, 2016 at 7:00 pm
4. Pickney St. and Oliver St. May 28th, 2016 at 7:00 pm
5. Sunset Ave. and Spruce St. June 11th, 2016 at 7:00 pm
6. Lewis St. and Thompson St. June 25th, 2016 at 7:00 pm
7. Lovemill Rd. and Hay St. July 9th, 2016 at 7:00 pm
8. Evergreen St. and Mary La. July 23rd 2016 at 7:00 pm
9. Holly Cir. And Vine St. August 13th, 2016 at 7:00 pm
10. James St. and Pine St. August 27th, 2016 at 7:00 pm
If there are any questions regarding this program, please feel free to contact Acting Lt. Bill Hinz at the Whiteville P. D. 910-642-5111Type your paragraph here.
Please click the link below to for Mayor Terry Mann's welcome letter to you to our wonderful city, Whiteville, North Carolina!